NECTAR (Network of European Communications and Transportation Academic Researchers) will host special sessions on the topic “The Roadmap for Shaping the ±15-Minute City: Proximity-centred Accessibility in Practice” within the mobil.TUM 2024 - The Future of Mobility and Urban Space conference.
In general, mobil.TUM 2024 conference focuses on a broader context of Mobility and Urban Space. One of the five main topics is “Placemaking to integrate urban spaces and mobility”, addressing accessibility as well. The overall program will be diverse, representing all topics equally.
Aim of the special sessions by NECTAR:
NECTAR sessions aim to bring experts together to share research and best practices regarding strategies for developing the ±15-Minute City while comprehensively examining the concept, exploring its principles and challenges, and implementing recommendations from diverse perspectives.
NECTAR Call for Papers:
Interests in presenting a paper within the NECTAR special sessions “The Roadmap for Shaping the ±15-Minute City: Proximity-centred Accessibility in Practice” are kindly invited to send an abstract. Accepted authors are invited to present their work during special NECTAR sessions embedded in the mobil.TUM 2024 general program. The papers should include:
- max. 700 words
- Indicate title, author(s), affiliations, corresponding contact, and three keywords. A maximum of three bibliographic references is allowed.
- Topics: Please find the topics for this Call for Papers in the information sheet
- Send by email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: Monday, 20.11.2023, 23:59 (MEZ)
- Selected papers of the NECTAR sessions will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Urban Mobility. Therefore, a complete paper has to be written (after the conference).
Keep in mind that the Call for Contributions for mobil.TUM 2024 is another submission process. Within it, you are invited to submit an extended abstract focusing on one of the five topics. Accepted authors are invited to present their topic during a speech or poster presentation within the mobil.TUM 2024 conference, 10. till 12. April 2024, but outside of the special NECTAR sessions.
What is NECTAR?
NECTAR is a European-based scientific association. The primary objective is to foster research collaboration and exchange of information between experts in the field of transport, communication and mobility from all European countries and the rest of the world. It is a multidisciplinary social science network. It brings together a wide variety of perspectives on transport and communication problems and their impacts on society in an international perspective. For further information see: http://www.nectar-eu.e
The NECTAR Cluster 6 Coordination Team:
- Benjamin Büttner, Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- Juan Carlos Martín, Universidad de Las Palmas (Spain)
- Aura Reggiani, University of Bologna (Italy)
- Ahmed El-Geneidy, McGill University (Canada)
Visit this website to get to now the team: Cluster 6: Accessibility – Welcome to the NECTAR website (nectar-eu.eu)
You can download the information pdf about the Call for Papers here.