Welcome to the homepage of the chair of traffic engineering and control of Technical University of Munich.
The chair of traffic engineering and control of Technische Universität München deals – in research and teaching – with methods and technologies for collection, description and spatial-temporal management and control of the traffic situation, for both individual and public traffic.
The chair cooperates with public authorities, research institutions and private companies. The chair deals with the following topics, in teaching and different research-projects, both in theory and practice:
- Traffic and environmental data detection
- Modeling and simulation of traffic systems
- Determination and control of traffic demand
- Traffic control in private and public transport
- Integrated and inter-modal traffic management
- Systems technology in transport
- Intelligent vehicle concepts, vehicle-to-x-communication
- Quality management in transport
- Traffic and environment (effects and potentials)
Many of these topics are also handled in detail with our Master Program Transportation Systems.