Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Bogenberger
Professor Bogenberger focuses on the theory of traffic flow in urban road networks and on motorways. In particular, new data sources such as vehicle data or drone data are used for mathematical modeling. Traffic simulations based on the resulting models are used to analyze the traffic effects of emerging technologies, such as autonomous vehicles or new control processes. His research is currently focused on the development of innovative traffic control methods that incorporate vehicle data and improve the traffic situation for pedestrians and cyclists. For years he has also been dealing with procedures for analyzing the quality of traffic information. Other research focuses are sharing systems and new forms of local public transport, such as on-demand mobility, robot taxi systems and urban cable cars.
Professor Bogenberger studied civil engineering at the Technical University of Munich from 1991 to 1996, after which he was a research assistant at the Traffic Engineering and Traffic Planning Unit at TUM from 1996 to 2001 with Univ.-Prof. Dr./UCB Hartmut Keller. He received his doctorate in 2001 on "Adaptive Fuzzy Systems for Coordinated Traffic Responsive Ramp Metering". From 2001 to 2008 he worked for the BMW Group in Munich, first as a speaker for the BMW Group in the "Science and Transport" area, then in the "Corporate Quality" area. From 2008 to 2011 he was managing partner of TRANSVER GmbH, before being appointed full professor for Traffic Engineering at the Institute for Spatial Planning and Transportation at the Bundeswehr University in Munich in 2012.
- DANDL, F.; BOGENBERGER, K. (2018) „Comparing Future Autonomous Electric Taxis with an Existing Free-Floating Carsharing System”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Volume PP, Issue 99, pp.1-11.
- REMPE, F.; HUBER, G.; BOGENBERGER, K. (2016) „Spatio-Temporal Congestion Patterns in Urban Traffic Networks”, Transportation Research Procedia, Volume 15, 2016, Pages 513-524, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2016.06.043
- REMPE, F.; BOGENBERGER, K.; FASTENRATH, U. (2017) „A Phase- Based Smoothing Method for Accurate Traffic Estimation with Floating Car Data”, Transportation Research Board 96th Annual Meeting & Transportation Research Part C 85, pp. 644-663.
- WEIKL, S.; BOGENBERGER K. (2013) "Relocation Strategies and Algorithms for free-floating Car Sharing Systems", IEEE ITS Magazine, Volume 5, No. 4, Winter 2013.
- BOGENBERGER, K. (2003) „Qualität von Verkehrsinformationen“, Straßenverkehrstechnik, Heft 10, 47. Jahrgang.