Santa Maiti is a PostDoc Research Associate at the Technical University of Munich since January 2022. Santa received her PhD in Intelligent Transportation (2020) from The University of Melbourne. She did her Masters (in Research) from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in Information Technology (2013). She worked in Tata Consultancy Services Innovation Lab, India, for three years as a researcher. Her main research interests are intelligent transportation systems, machine learning, connected and autonomous vehicles, transportation planning, and shared mobility.
Nov. 2015 – Jun. 2020
PhD in Intelligent Transportation System,
The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Thesis Topic: A Study on the Behaviour of Vehicle Platoons and
Platoon Formation and Dissolution Strategies
Jan. 2009 - Aug 2012
MS by research in Information Technology,
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
Thesis Topic: Icon-based Interface to Internet for Language Illiterate People
Aug. 2004 – Aug. 2008
B.Tech. in Computer Science
WBUT University, West Bengal, India
2021 - present
|Postdoc researcher Technical University of Munich|
|2012 - 2016||Researcher Tata Consultancy Services Innovation Lab, India|
Awards and scholarships
EuroTechPostdoc2 Fellowship 2021: Technical University of Munich, Germany, (Marie-Curie fellowships within the EuroTech Universities Alliance)
- Santa Maiti, Stephan Winter, Lars Kulik, and Sudeshna Sarkar, Ad-Hoc Platoon Formation and Dissolution Strategies for Multi-lane Highways", Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems: Technology, Planning, and Operations, Taylor and Francis, pp 1-13, 2021.
- Santa Maiti, Stephan Winter, Lars Kulik, and Sudeshna Sarkar, The Impact of Flexible Platoon Formation Operations", IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles, vol. 5, no. 3, pp 229-239, 2020.
- Santa Maiti, Stephan Winter, and Lars Kulik, A Conceptualization of vehicle Platoons and Platoon Operations", Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Elsevier, vol. 80, pp 1-19, 2017.
- Santa Maiti, Stephan Winter, Lars Kulik, and Sudeshna Sarkar, Analysis of an Ad-hoc Platoon Formation and Dissolution Strategy on a Multi-lane Highway", 15th International Conference of GeoComputation, Queenstown, New Zealand, 2019.
- Santa Maiti, Arpan Pal, Arindam Pal, Tanushyam Chattopadhyay and Arijit Mukherjee, Historical Data based Real Time Prediction of Vehicle Arrival Time", Proceedings of IEEE ITSC, Qingdao, China, 2014.
- Santa Maiti, Debnath Mukherjee, and Plaban Bhowmick, System and Method for Generating a Plan to Complete a Task in Computing Environment", US Patent 9,201,692., 2015.
Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies