- Demand for Emerging Transportation Systems: Modeling Adoption, Satisfaction, and Mobility Patterns. Elsevier, 2019 mehr… BibTeX
- Mobility Patterns, Big Data and Transport Analytics. Tools and Applications for Modeling. Elsevier, 2018 mehr… BibTeX
Professor Constantinos Antoniou
Constantinos Antoniou is a Full Professor in the Chair of Transportation Systems Engineering at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany. He holds a Diploma in Civil Engineering from NTUA (1995), a MS in Transportation (1997) and a PhD in Transportation Systems (2004), both from MIT. His research focuses on modelling and optimization of transportation systems, data analytics and machine learning for transportation systems, and human factors for future mobility systems and in his 25 years of experience he has held key positions in a number of research projects in Europe, the US and Asia, while he has also participated in a number of consulting projects. Costas has a proven track record in attracting competitive funding in both national and international levels. He is/has been PI of several research projects (e.g. H2020 iDREAMS, MOMENTUM, Drive2thefuture, DFG DVanPool and Trampa), and has contributed considerably to the preparation of a large number of funded proposals, in the national and international level.
He has authored more than 450 scientific publications, including more than 155 papers in international, peer-reviewed journals, 250 in international conference proceedings, 3 books and 25 book chapters. He is a member of several professional and scientific organizations, editorial boards (Member of the Editorial Board of Transportation Research – Part A: Policy and Practice, Transportation Research – Part C, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, Smart Cities; Deputy Editor in Chief of IET Intelligent Transportation Systems; Associate Editor of Transportation Letters; Editor of EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics), committees (such as TRB committees AHB45 – Traffic Flow Theory and Characteristics and ABJ70 - Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Computing Applications, Steering Committee of hEART – The European Association for Research in Transportation, and FGSV Committee 3.10 “Theoretical fundamentals of road traffic"), and a frequent reviewer for a large number of scientific journals, scientific conferences, research proposals and scholarships.
He enjoys teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels, as well as in other venues, such as Summer Schools and Short Courses. He has supervised three PhD students, and is currently supervising nine more, has supervised more than 30 graduate theses at TUM and NTUA, as well as participated in various roles in doctoral committees and examinations in other universities (such as TU Delft, KTH, TU Berlin, University of Naples – Federico II, EPFL, the National University of Singapore, the University of Luxembourg, the University of the Aegean).
A leader of the profession and opinion maker, with frequent presence in major national media (TV, radio, newspapers) on transportation topics. As part of his volunteer activities, he is the former Chairman of the Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers (HITE), the former President of the MIT Club of Greece, and co-founder and former Secretary of the Board of Directors of the MIT Enterprise Forum Greece.
Full list of publications at http://web.mit.edu/costas/www/publications.html
Most recent publications
- A ridesplitting market equilibrium model with utility-based compensation pricing. Transportation, 2022 mehr… BibTeX
- Purchase intention and actual purchase of cargo cycles: Influencing factors and policy insights. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 155, 2022, 31-45 mehr… BibTeX
- Electric cargo cycles - A comprehensive review. Transport Policy 116, 2022, 278-303 mehr… BibTeX
- Dynamic demand estimation on large scale networks using Principal Component Analysis: The case of non-existent or irrelevant historical estimates. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 136, 2022, 103504 mehr… BibTeX
- Characterizing the adoption and frequency of use of a pooled rides service. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 138, 2022, 103632 mehr… BibTeX
- User Preferences towards Hyperloop Systems: Initial Insights from Germany. Smart Cities 5 (4), 2022, 1336-1355 mehr… BibTeX
- A Multi-Modal Warning–Monitoring System Acceptance Study: What Findings Are Transferable? Sustainability 14 (19), 2022, 12017 mehr… BibTeX
- A data–information–knowledge cycle for modeling driving behavior. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour 85, 2022, 83-102 mehr… BibTeX
- Classification and Evaluation of Driving Behavior Safety Levels: A Driving Simulation Study. IEEE Open Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems 3, 2022, 111-125 mehr… BibTeX
- Crash Risk Estimation Due to Lane Changing: A Data-Driven Approach Using Naturalistic Data. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 23 (4), 2022, 3756-3765 mehr… BibTeX