Doctoral Research Workshop at the TRB Annual Meeting
Workshop on doctoral research in transportation analysis, planning and policy
Since 2015, this research group co-organizes a workshop for doctoral candidates at the Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in January in Washington, D.C. Doctoral candidates conducting research in transportation policy, planning, analysis methods and modeling tools are invited to present their work and discuss issues and questions they encountered.
Until 2020, the workshop was sponsored by the Section on Travel Analysis Methods (ADB00). Since the reorganisation of the section, the workshop is organized by the Section on Transportation Planning and Analysis (AEP00).
Participate in this Workshop
To present your research at this workshop, doctoral candidates may submit an application in fall of the year before. Those who recently completed their doctoral degree are still eligible to apply.
The application consists of
- A 500-word summary of your research including a presentation title and complete author information
- Letter of nomination from your faculty advisor that explains the significance of the contribution and clearly states the anticipated graduation date
The call for presentations at the workshop on January 9th, 2022 can be found here. The deadline for submissions has passed, no further submissions can be accepted.
There is a long tradition to conduct this workshop on Sunday afternoon of the Annual Meeting of TRB. Since 2015, this research group has co-organized the TRB Doctoral Workhop.
- Doctoral Workshop 2022 (January 9th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Due to COVID-19, no doctoral workshop took place in 2021
- Doctoral Workshop 2020 (January 12th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2019 (January 13th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2018 (January 7th), co-organized by Dr. Patricia Mokhtarian, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Doctoral Workshop 2017 (January 8th)
- Doctoral Workshop 2016 (January 10th), co-organized by Dr. Ram Pendyala, Arizona State University
- Doctoral Workshop 2015 (January 11th), co-organized by Dr. Ram Pendyala, Arizona State University