Univ.-Ass. Ph.D. Maria Teresa Baquero Lorriva
Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva is a postdoctoral researcher at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and since May 2022 a guest researcher at the Chair of Urban Structure and Traffic Planning at the Technical University of Munich. Her academic research is shaped by a special interest in sustainable development in architecture and the city. Among others, the focus is on active and healthy aging, gender and urban mobility, and accessibility as an element to create friendlier, healthier, and more equitable cities and environments.
|2022||Postdoctoral Guest Researcher at the Chair of Urban Structure and Transport Planning at the Technical University of Munich (TUM).|
|2022||Postdoctoral researcher (R2). Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM) at the chair of Urban Planning|
|2021||-||2022||Senior Researcher Support Technician. Polytechnic University of Catalonia at the Chair of Project and Construction Engineering|
|2017||-||2021||PhD student at the program of Urban regeneration and Sustainability at the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM) at the chair of Urban Planning |
Topic: Thermal and acoustic comfort for older adults in public spaces of the consolidated city of the continental Mediterranean climate: case study Arapiles neighborhood, Madrid. Mention CUMLAUDE
Master’s degree in Constructions. University of Cuenca Ecuador.Master Thesis: Energy efficiency in the residential sector of Cuenca, Ecuador
|2015||-||2016||Specialist Technician at the Direction of Historical and Heritage Areas. Municipality of Cuenca, Ecuador. (City Council). Elaboration of the Special Plan of the Historic Center of Cuenca, Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO|
|2014||-||2015||Resident Site audit. Supervision of the rehabilitation work of a Patrimonial building. Audit Architect Pablo Barzallo|
Resident of construction, design, and planning of construction projects at Tosi Moreno Construction company
Teachers assistant for Architecture Design Workshop VII at the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism. University of Cuenca. Ecuador. For the Arch. Augusto Samaniego (one semester)
Bachelor’s degree on Architecture and Urbanism
Bachelor Project: Bioclimatic design of multifamily homes in the city of Cuenca
Accessibility Planning for the 15-minute city
Indicators for Urban Sustainability Post Covid 19 in City of Cuenca Ecudador
Thecoelen. Implications of thermal comfort for elderly on energy consumption
Urban-addons project. Promote active ageing by helping the autonomous mobility of the elderly in public space
Thermal and acoustic comfort for older adults in the consolidated city in the Mediterranean climate of Madrid
Method of certification of sustainable housing construction project. Cuenca, Ecuador
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva, Ana Sofía Mendes, Nuria Forcada. The effect of climatic conditions on occupants’ thermal comfort in naturally ventilated nursing homes. Building and Environment.214. pp.108930/2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2022.108930
Baquero Larriva, María Teresa and Nuria Forcada. 2022. ¨Thermal comfort of older people during summer in the continental Mediterranean climate¨. Journal of Building Engineering. In press
Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva. Differences in Perceptions of the Urban Acoustic Environment in Older Adults: A Systematic Review. Journal of Population Ageing. pp. 1 - 33. 03/2021. ISSN 1874-7884; DOI: 10.1007/s12062-021-09325-7
María Teresa Baquero Larriva. Urban health, thermal and acoustic comfort in outdoor public spaces, within the framework of friendly cities with the elderly. Revista Cuadernos de Investigación Urbanística (CIUR) Nº135. March/April 2021. DOI: 10.20868/ciur.2018.121.3828.
María Teresa Baquero Larriva. Use of public spaces by older adults. Comparison among Madrid and Newcastle Upon Tyne. In book: Urban design for age-friendly environments across Europe: North and South. Developing healthy and therapeutic public spaces for local contexts. Editors: Ester Higueras, Elisa Pozo. Springer 2021. In press.
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva; Esther Higueras Garcia. Health risk for older adults in Madrid, by outdoor thermal and acoustic comfort. Urban Climate. 34 - October, pp. 100724 - 100724. 10/2020. ISSN 2212- 0955. DOI: 10.1016/j.uclim.2020.100724
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva; Esther Higueras Garcia. Outdoor Thermal and Acoustic Comfort in Autumn for Senior Citizens in Public Spaces in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom. Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research. 24 - 1, pp. 17994 - 1799. 01/2020. ISSN 2574-1241. DOI: 10.26717/bjstr.2020.24.004002
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva; Esther Higueras Garcia. Environmental factors that influence the use of public space for the elderly in Madrid. Journal Urbano. 22 - 40, pp. 108 - 126. 11/2019. ISSN 07173997- DOI: 10.22320/07183607.2019.22.40.06
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva; Esther Higueras Garcia. Thermal comfort of older adults: a systematic review of the scientific literature. Revista Española de Geriatría y Gerontología. 54 - 5, pp. 280 - 295. 09/2019. ISSN 0211-139X. DOI: 10.1016/j.regg.2019.01.006
- Maria Teresa Baquero Larriva; Ester Higueras. Perception of thermal and acoustic comfort of older adults in public space. "Technical communication In Congress CONAMA 2018". pp.1-30. ISBN 978-84-09-07670-3. Congreso Nacional del Medio Ambiente.
- María T. Baquero L; Felipe Quesada M. 2016. Energy efficiency in the residential sector of the city of Cuenca, Ecuador. Journal MASKANA. Universidad de Cuenca. 7-2, pp.147-165.DOI: 10.18537/mskn.07.02.11
- María Teresa Baquero. 2013. Ahorro de agua y reutilización En la edificación en la ciudad de Cuenca, Ecuador. Revista ESTOA. Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo de la Universidad De Cuenca. 2-3, pp.71- 81. DOI: 10.18537/est. v002.n003.06