globalDrive 2016 / 2017
Leitung: Dr.-Ing. Frank Diermeyer
In the winter semester 2016 / 2017, the Chair of Automotive Engineering will again offer students the opportunity to participate in international cooperation projects with exciting topics related to the topic of mobility.
Previous partner universities
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapur
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico City, Mexiko
- University of Sao Paulo (USP), Sao Paulo, Brasilien
- Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, Kenia
- Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
EMC - Entry Mobility for India
EMC - Entry Mobility for India
In cooperation with Hero MotoCorp Ltd, Speedbrain GmbH and IIT Kanpur, a vehicle concept for the Indian market is to be developed. To mobilise the population of India, an inexpensive entry-level vehicle is to be constructed. Apart from costs, key issues in the development are customer requirements and the market, available energy (e.g. for charging the powertrain), emissions, sustainability and recycling.
In a structured approach following the product development process, the market and environmental influences are first analysed on site in India in the planning phase. This is followed by the definition of requirements, e.g. from potential customers or technical requirements for the package. At the end of the planning phase a vehicle concept is developed. In the definition phase the chassis, drive system and frame construction are designed and constructed. Here the vehicle design plays an important role to increase the acceptance of the vehicle concept by the customers. In this phase, attention must already be paid to the costs. Both in the design and in the purchased parts to ensure a low purchase price. In the last phase considered, the realisation phase, a functional prototype is finally built in cooperation with the project partners.
Within the framework of globalDrive, you have the opportunity to write a final thesis. You will also have the opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary team and gain experience abroad. During the project a stay of about 2 weeks in India is planned. Thematically, the globalDrive project will deal with the design, construction and building of a functional prototype. Possible work packages are for example the conceptual design of the vehicle concept for the Indian market, design and construction of chassis, drive and frame construction, vehicle design, as well as the coordination and construction of the prototype.
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. is a large Indian motorbike manufacturer with headquarters in New Delhi. The company was founded in 1994 as a joint venture between Honda and the Indian bicycle manufacturer Hero Cycles. In the years 2013/2014, 6,075,583 motorbikes were sold, making the company one of India's largest motorbike manufacturers in terms of unit sales.
Speedbrain GmbH is an owner-managed company based in Stephanskirchen. Since 2006, Speedbrain has been involved as a racing team in motorbike racing series and motor sport events. The company focuses on the development and production of rally sport motorbikes.
IIT Kanpur - Indian Institute of Technology - is a technical university in Kanpur which was founded in 1963. Currently 4000 students are studying there.
Partner TUM CREATE / NTU Singapur
Micro-mobile for last-mile passenger transport to upgrade public transport in megacities such as Singapore.
- Users call public micro vehicles on-demand via mobile application and are brought to the desired destination or drive to the destination themselves with accurate navigation
- Places of use are public spaces, e.g. extensive railway stations, shopping malls, residential/office complexes and their surroundings
- Battery electric powered
- Autonomous driving/loading
- outdoor/indoor navigation
- Coordination and construction of the prototype